Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things...

Ok, so winter has arrived here in SoCal--rain, rain and more rain. This chilly rain makes me want to cuddle up on the couch with a few of my favorite things (or least favorite things of the moment):

1. a cup of Celestial Seasonings Madagascar Vanilla roobios tea (caffeine free but a whole lot of flava'). It someone manages to taste "thick" like a latte or something, very strange but in a good way.

2. a cozy fleece blanket

3. a cat or three--preferably ones that just want to sleep and not pounce on my toes

4. either a quaint mystery (like any book from Nancy Atherton's "Aunt Dimity" series) or an engrossing novel (just finished The Kiterunner--amazing!)

5. Trader Joe's Belgian Chocolate pudding or Trader Joe's Mediterranean hummus & organic white corn tortilla chips, or both so I can switch off and get both the salty and sweet tastes 'cause I like that kind of thing--I think one of the most perfect foods is the chocolate covered pretzel.

6. My knitting (you didn't think I would leave that out, now did you?)
Currently I'm working on a baby sweater from a Pingouin book I bought on
Ebay--says "automne-hiver" (Fall-Winter) but there's no year. I'll post pictures
when I get a little more done.

How do you like to "weather" the rain?

Stay warm & dry out there people!
Ok, back under that blanket I go...

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh the Kite Runner was so good. Have you read A Thousand Splendid Suns? Very good too. I want pudding now. Really I do.

Lori said...

I'm number 195 on the wait list for it from the LA Public library but they have over 200 copies so it shouldn't take too long, I hope!

Natalie said...

195!! I am surprised they have so many copies. Still want pudding.

Ellen Bloom said...

"Weathering" the rain? I open up the blinds wide so I can watch the rivers of rainwater wash down my block and the puddles develop in the flower beds. I crank up the blues on the stereo and sit on the couch and knit and/or crochet.

If I'm sittin', I'm knittin'