Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Getting to know you...

I got another email survey thingy and I thought I would just share it with all ya'll instead of sending a bunch of copies into cyberspace. Plus you guys may need some distraction at work and reading through this could be just what the doctor ordered.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Blah! definitely hot chocolate--the stuff made from milk, not the water & mix and not the kind with the marshmallows already IN the mix!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Depends when santa finishes knitting them....

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White on both
colored lights on the tree. No lights on the house if you can help it but if you just can't, go with the white and absolutely NO LAWN ORNAMENTS such as that obnoxious blow up snow globe they have at Lowe's

4. Do you hang mistletoe? NO

5. When do you put your decorations up? Day after thanksgiving--need the motivation to finish the gifts

6. What is your favorite Christmas dish (excluding dessert)?
the ham! or maybe the green bean casserole

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? sitting in front of the fire on christmas morning opening gifts

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
hmm, kindergarten or first grade? The news had on a report that Santa's sleigh had been spotted by their news chopper and I announced I was going to tell everyone at school the next day that santa was on his way. My parents told me to spare the embarassment

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? yes--usually gifts from my grandma but sometimes Tristan can't wait and has to give me at least one!

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him?
none but I bet he would love an Irish coffee and some snickerdoodles

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
LOVE IT but probably won't see any now that we live in SoCal

12. Can you ice skate? Um, no. Tried it once and ended up in a very unflattering position on the ice

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? the barbie house my dad made for me as a kid

14. What's the most important thing about the Christmas for you? spending time with friends & family, singing Christmas carols (I sing them at home other times of the year but it just isn't appropriate)

15. What is your favorite Christmas Dessert? cookies!!!

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? going to midnight service and singing silent night by candle light--gives me goosebumps every year

17. What tops your tree? the saddest angel you have every seen. We need a new one

18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving? GIVING, most definitely. I almost don't care whether I get anything myself, I get so excited about everyone else opening up the gifts I gave them!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? O Holy Night

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? yum--but not the weird pina colada flavored ones or whatever


Ok, your turn...

No comments: